Saturday, July 25, 2009

..... had a nice little break :-)

Well, hubby and I decided to take the kids on a much needed mini vacation to Cedar Point. It has been a long time since we have gone away, so we were determined to make it happen. We loaded 7 of us into the van and headed off to Ohio. The drive itself wasn't too bad. The baby slept most of the way, and that always helps. I have to say, I wasn't too happy with the hotel, though. We stayed at Comfort Inn Cedar Point South. The name is misleading, as we ended up driving much further to Cedar Point than I had figured we would. The cleaning, also left a lot to be desired. It was difficult to find accomodations for all of us in one room, however, and this hotel offered 3 double beds, so this was where we ended up. We spent most of the first night swimming and then headed to Pizza Hut, where we proceded to stuff ourselves to the point of immobility. My family and I are pizza fanatics... and Pizza Hut has our all-time favorite crust!! Ok, back to the story.....
We got up very early the next morning, had breakfast, and made our way to the park. The forecast called for rain so we were a bit concerned, but it was light rain, so it didn't hinder us one bit. We threw on the ponchos and ran all day from ride to ride. Hubby is a total thrill seeker. While he is completely geeked to ride on The Dragster and The Power Tower, I was pushing my limits to ride on The Mantis... but I did it, and I loved it! The kids had an absolute blast. We all screamed and laughed until our voices were gone. We stayed right up until the park closed and then drove nearly 4 hours home.
I am exhausted, but so happy that we went. The kids will never forget it, and I will never forget the looks on their faces as we hit that first hill on The Gemini. :-)

...... now I just need to muster the energy to make some soap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment