Saturday, August 8, 2009

OOPS! When Good Soap Goes Bad

Oh, I've heard tale of it happening..... but I never thought it would happen to me! Everything was going along as planned. It was just an ordinary day with the soaping pot. Suddenly, out of the nowhere, it happened. "BAM!!!" My entire pot of beautiful Cedar & Saffron became quick cement! I drew upon the wisdom of soaper's past and all of the inner strength that I could muster, and feverishly glopped it into the mold.

Here are the sad results......... Looks?? Uhhh, not so much! But, hey, it does smell AMAZING! Hubby named it Cammo and with the olive, beige, and brown coloring, I'd say he's dead on! Admittedly, this look will not be winning any major awards. Nor will it make it to the shopsuds.com website. However, like an ugly child, Mama is seeing the beauty in it :-)

2 comments:

  1. It actually looks like a yummy dessert! Good thing it's not chocolate scented, otherwise I would want to eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks, GetSoaked. I think that this is definitely a case where beauty is in the eye of the beholder. At least there are 2 of us :-)

    ReplyDelete